![]() |
| 36 weeks |
Well, here we are in the last week before baby arrives. I've been feeling the pressures of nesting pretty hardcore and made a 3-page list just to ease my mind. I've always been fond of lists anyway, so this was bound to happen. The cars are clean; fridge, floors, and house have had a pretty thorough scrubbing. Progress is being made! This weekend will be a shopping extravaganza to get a few final necessities, and Mom arrives on Sunday!
It's hard to think of much else this week, but both Nick and I are keeping busy to pass the time. Last weekend we went to see the Oakland Children's Christmas Parade with Jes and Bob and their son, Colin. Although the rain has been pretty crazy the past few days, we decided to risk it for a few hours. It was a little chilly, but no rain (at least while we were there). The parade was really good, but the highlight was definitely the Storm Troopers. I think this was an actual club of some sort which made it all the funnier. I'm considering joining if it means I get to wear a legit Star Wars costume. I'd want to be a Storm Trooper, or maybe one of the Emperor's Royal Guard--you know, the red guys? The parade lacked any of those guys. I've found my niche. I could geek out on SW all day. :)
![]() |
| "I find your lack of faith disturbing." |
![]() |
| "Red 2, standing by." |
![]() |
| "Aren't you a little short to be a Storm Trooper?" |
![]() |
| Jes, Bob and Colin: December in Oakland! |
On Tuesday I had my work shower. I really do work with the most creative and fantastic group of people. I can't help but use superlatives; I'm pretty lucky to enjoy the work that I do and the people I work with every day. I would have loved to share some photos of the other people at the shower, but it seems the only photos that were taken are just me. And apparently I'm a bit of a freak show. Seeing these photos is like hearing my own voice on a recording. Inevitably I ask, "Do I really sound/act like that?" Ah well. I am a woman of many expressions, and a bit of a cheese. Here's just a few of the cool gifts I received:
![]() |
| C&T Publishing shower |
Today I had my final 36 week ultrasound. No changes with the placenta, and everything else looks right on track. He was really active today, and it was fun to see him moving on screen to match the feeling in my belly. He measured just over 7 lbs., so he's getting pretty big for only 36 weeks! I was able to see a little bit of hair on his head, and I watched him play with his hands and maneuver his legs. Even his cheeks look a little pudgy. Photo decoding: baby face in the top two: profile on the bottom two, along with his arm and hand. The white spikey along the top of his head is hair! Pretty cool.
![]() |
| 36 week ultrasound |
I have my pre-op appointment with the doctor this afternoon, and I wrap up my last day of work tomorrow. Next stop: motherhood.







What a fun week! Parades, parties, volleyball (and cleaning--ha!). Sounds like your Mom will be there today--yay! She is missing out on the first snow--hope it didn't cause problems getting her to the airport. We are thinking of you and will be anxious to get all the details on Tuesday afternoon. I have my glucose test on Monday, blech. No matter how much prepping you do, parenting is mostly learning on the job. Jump in with both feet--you guys will do great!
ReplyDelete