Honestly, I have no idea if animals can "sense" a pregnancy or not. I believe they can sense change, but whether or not they have any more understanding than that is still a mystery to me. Nevertheless, I have heard of this phenomenon and I wondered if our two cats would notice anything.
Background info: Both cats are lap cats, but one tends to favor me and the other tends to favor Nick. And she's fairly adamant about her preference. She'll settle for my lap if Nick isn't available, but it's usually begrudgingly. We haven't started decorating or moving furniture or anything, so I'm not sure a lot of change is really apparent.
For the past couple weeks, I seem to have become the cat whisperer. Maybe it's my larger (and probably more comfortable) self. Both cats want to be on my belly. Generally they don't even get along! They are willing to actually touch each other as long as they both have belly space.
May I present: the human cat tree. The one on my lap is Nick's cat. They're not touching in this photo, but sometimes they even share breathing space. I can't explain it. For now I just find it funny.
Funny about the cats. Maybe even Elway would've liked you pregnant. ;) He would always knead my pregnant belly with his front paws.
ReplyDelete