Our "Little Bug" is really feeling not so little anymore. I don't have an official weight to post, but I'm guessing he's gained another couple pounds: approximately 16-17 lbs. I can definitely say that I'm getting better at maneuvering with a baby on my hip, and it helps that he has a lot more control to hold himself upright. Mom multitasking is no joke.
At this point, we're convinced that he's teething but have yet to feel or see an actual tooth. We call him "Spitz McGee" and he can shove his entire fist into his mouth. Sometimes he gags himself, and I just think that's funny. He has to learn somehow, right?
We usually have a pretty good time during his monthly photo shoots, but we don't always get the good smiles right away. I mean, to get to this guy:
We have to go through these guys:
Aside from a 5-month birthday, this weekend was my first Mother's Day. The boys did an excellent job at making me feel special. Nick offered to let me get away for a day if I wanted, but I definitely get enough "away" time during the work week. The weekends are family time right now, and it proved to be a great weekend to get out and about.
![]() |
| Mother's Day 2013 |
We decided to take Owen to the beach to check out the sand and dip his feet in the ocean for the first time. I can't wait until we can have a beach day and really dig in the sand and build sandcastles, but it's a bit early for that. I mean, a kid needs to eat dirt now and then, sure, but he's not even on solid foods yet. So, we decided to keep the sand on just his feet.
Lots of sun and wind made the day a bit more challenging, but we made it work. I think he enjoyed the sand. It was nice and warm and just feels good between the toes. He didn't like the water at first. We took one small wave over our feet and it was a pretty cold little surprise. However, after a couple waves washed over our feet the water didn't feel too bad at all. I think when he experiences new things or is in very stimulating situations, he doesn't cower and he doesn't smile; he has a real poker face. So, I suspect he enjoyed it, but it seemed more like he was taking the whole experience and analyzing it.
![]() |
| Mama, Papa, Baby |
![]() |
| Beach? Yep, saw it. Next? |
And one last, but certainly not least, cute Owen moment to share. We had some epic laughs that we were finally able to capture on video. Usually once the camera comes out, the laughs vanish. But Daddy's baseline to Tone Loc's "Wild Thing" was just too funny to contain. Oh, 80's music station, you do not disappoint.













No comments:
Post a Comment