Made it another month! At his two-month checkup (complete with vaccination shots--ouch!) he weighs 11 lbs. 4 oz. His height is 23.25". He's definitely growing like a weed, and the doc says he measures in the 75th percentile for height. Tall already!
The doc did mention that he also seems to have an inguinal hernia which is generally treated surgically. Although she assured me it was a common issue, I couldn't seem to keep my non-panic mode intact. I hope I gain better composure as we progress through life with our new little guy, because right now I just feel guilty for all of his difficulties and can't stop the waterworks. Gah! Nevertheless, the hernia doesn't cause him pain and poses no danger to him during his first year, so the next step is to meet with a specialist. We'll see!
In other news, while discovering some of the joys and pitfalls of motherhood, I've decided to compile a short list of situations that make Mom feel like a creeper:
- Taking photos (making sure to get just the right angle) of naked son's butt to send to the pediatrician about diaper rash
- Enjoying an 80's music sing and dance party in the living room only to realize halfway through Marvin Gaye's, "Sexual Healing" that the lyrics are probably less appropriate to serenade your son than the previous two songs, "Billie Jean" and "Caribbean Queen"
- Discovering some of my keyword choices at 3 a.m. typed in Google search when checking various symptoms and remedies might be misunderstood if ever read by anyone else

No comments:
Post a Comment