Saturday, January 26, 2013

Sickness...What a Jerk

I have not been sick in several years. Sure, a passing 24-hour thing, maybe, but not really sick. It started with Nick getting a sore throat, and then just went downhill from there.

Nick had been feeling under the weather, and we were watching Owen closely to see if he started showing any symptoms. Just when we thought Nick was feeling better, Owen woke up with one eye all goopy. We suspected pinkeye, but advised that it was probably a plugged eye duct. That same day I started feeling icky. Owen didn't have a fever and was eating well, so the doc didn't need to see him just yet, but he was behaving like a completely different baby. Anytime he was awake, he was inconsolable, and his sleep seemed restless. The doctor thinks he has baby acid reflux, so we're in the process of trying a few things to see if he feels better.

Nevertheless, when Owen and I seemed on the upswing, we both decided it was time to get out. We took a nice long walk in the park, though Owen didn't take in many of the sights. I took some photos for him to see what he missed. :)

Enjoying the sunshine




No comments:

Post a Comment